Brian Tracy's Caesar Salad Recipe
This recipe is the result of 20 years of experimentation and more than 1000 salads.
Many people say that this is the best Caesar Salad they've ever had!
Serving size: 4-8 People
- 2 Medium-large heads of Romaine lettuce
- 8 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Cloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Tarragon vinegar
- 2 Egg whites (discard yolks)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Can of anchovies, finely chopped into small pieces, oil removed
- 1 Teaspoon of capers
- 1/4 Teaspoon dry English mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup of garlic Caesar croutons
- Cracked pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Tear Romaine lettuce heads open, discard all old leaves, rinse in sink full of cold water, tear clean, fresh
leaves into small pieces, put in colander and spin to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Use wooden salad bowl. Cut one garlic clove in half and rub inside of bowl all over with the raw garlic.
- Measure 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into bowl.
- Place whites of two eggs into bowl.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of Tarragon vinegar into bowl.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice into bowl.
- Chop 8 garlic cloves into finely diced pieces and add to mixture in bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of capers, 1 can of diced anchovies (oil removed), 1/4 teaspoon of dry English mustard.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce to bowl.
- Stir the entire mixture until it is smooth.
- Place the lettuce on top of the dressing in the bowl.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and the Croutons on top of the lettuce.
- Using salad servers, fold in the ingredients, mixing the dressing from the bottom up.
- Serve immediately on chilled plates; add cracked pepper on top to taste. Enjoy!