7 Success Factors That Will Help Make You a Sales Superstar
There are 7 secrets, or success factors, of sales success. These success factors are practiced by all the highest paid salespeople every day. The regular application of these principles is virtually guaranteed to move you to the top of your field and enable you to reach your career goals, and develop a positive attitude.
The 7 Success Factors to Sales Success
1. Get serious! Make a decision to go all the way to the top of your field. Make a decision today to join the top 10%. There is no one and nothing that can hold you back from being the best and achieving your career goals except yourself.
When you decide that nothing can hold you back, and you want to continue learning about the success factors to become a great salesperson, you can download my FREE web report “Everyone is a Salesperson” HERE.
2. Identify your limiting skill to sales success. Identify your weakest single skill and make a plan to become absolutely excellent in that area. Ask yourself, and your boss, “What one skill, if I developed and did it consistently in an excellent fashion, would have the greatest positive impact on my sales?” Whatever your answer to this question, write it down, set a deadline, make a plan, and then work on it every day. This decision alone can change your life and is one of the most important success factors.
Become the Best Sales Person You Can Be!
Access my proven sales methods to increase your sales and income.
3. Get around the right people. Get around successful people with a positive attitude. Associate with men and women who are going somewhere with their lives. Get away from negative, critical, complaining people. They drag you down, tire you out, distract and discourage you, and lead you inevitably to underachievement and failure.
4. Take excellent care of your physical health. You need high levels of energy to sell effectively, and to bounce back from continual rejection and discouragement. Be sure to eat the right foods, get the right amount of exercise and get plenty of rest and recreation.
5. Visualize yourself as one of the top people in your field. Imagine yourself performing at your best all day long. Imagine achieving your career goals. Feed your subconscious mind with vivid, exciting, emotionalized pictures of yourself as positive, confident, competent and completely in control of every part of your life. These clear mental pictures preprogram you and motivate you to sell at your best in any situation.
6. Practice a positive attitude and positive self-talk continually. Control your inner dialogue. Talk to yourself the way you want to be talked to.
7. Take positive action toward your career goals, every single day. Be proactive rather than reactive. Grab the bull by the horns. If you are not happy with your income, get out there and get face to face with more customers. If you are not happy with any part of your life, accept responsibility and take charge.
Take Action Now!
All successful salespeople are intensely action oriented. They have a sense of urgency. They develop a bias for action. They do it now! They have a compulsion to closure. They maintain a fast tempo and move quickly in everything they do.
The more people you see, the more experience you get. The more experience you get, the more sales you make. The more people you see and the more sales you make, the more your self-esteem and self respect goes up, and the more you will feel great about yourself. You will have more energy. You will develop a positive attitude and you will be happier. The more you take complete control of your entire life, you virtually guarantee that you will achieve your career goals, be one of the top performers and the highest paid people in your field.
Thank you for reading my blog on the 7 Success Factors to Sales Success. If you enjoyed it please apply these practices to your life and see the difference for yourself! Feel free to share my blog and comment below.
Topics included in this article include:
« Previous Post
How to Achieve Work Life Balance (by Using 3 Types of Goals) Next Post »
How Your Self-Concept Will Change Your Bank Account
About Brian Tracy — Brian is recognized as the top sales training and personal success authority in the world today. He has authored more than 60 books and has produced more than 500 audio and video learning programs on sales, management, business success and personal development, including worldwide bestseller The Psychology of Achievement. Brian's goal is to help you achieve your personal and business goals faster and easier than you ever imagined. You can follow him on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Linkedin and Youtube.