26 Motivational and Inspirational Quotes About Success
Inspirational quotes have an amazing ability to motivate others and change the way we feel about ourselves. This is why I find them so interesting and crucial on our paths to success.
So what’s their secret?
You see, the way you think and feel about yourself, including your beliefs and expectations about what is possible for you, determines everything that happens to you. When you change the quality of your thinking, you change the quality of your life, sometimes instantly. Just as positive words can make someone smile or a well-timed humorous quote can make someone laugh, our thoughts react to the world in real-time.
You have complete control over only one thing in the universe — your thinking – and that’s where motivational quotes come in! You can decide what you are going to think in any given situation. Your thoughts and feelings determine your actions and determine the results you get. It all starts with your thoughts – and I have found that inspirational words are a quick way to retune your thinking. Try keeping a few uplifting excerpts or positive proclamations on hand. If you ever notice your energy or your spirit begin to drop, simply recite an inspirational and uplifting quote to quickly boost your mood.
Inspirational Quotes for a Motivational 2017
I’ve compiled a list of some of the best motivational quotes for the new year so you can start the year by taking control of your thoughts, thinking positively and setting new goals. I’ve also compiled a FREE E-BOOK OF QUOTES that you can get by clicking the link.
Here are my favorite inspirational quotes:
1) “The way get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” -Walt Disney
This straight-to-business quote comes from the man who created the happiest place on earth – and a multibillion dollar empire. Click here to tweet this quote.
2) “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” -Winston Churchill
When it comes to success quotes by famous people, Winston Churchill’s inspirational words of wisdom always make the list. Click here to tweet this quote.
3) “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” -Will Rogers
Will Rogers was an American actor, cowboy, columnist and social commentator who believed in keeping forward momentum. Click here to tweet this quote.
4) “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.”- Unknown
When you replace ‘lose’ with ‘learn’ in your vocabulary, the thought of failure becomes less daunting and lets you focus on growth.
Click the button below to get an e-book with 15 questions to ask yourself to stay motivated and many more of my most popular inspirational quotes that will empower and motivate you to take action, create success, and enjoy life – no matter how tough it gets.
5) “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Inspirational Quote by Vince Lombardi
Vince Lomardi was an American football hero who’s uplifting words frequently make it onto Top 10 Inspirational Quotes lists.
6) “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.”- Steve Jobs
Steve Job’s truly captured some of the wisdom of life in this statement. Do that which you are passionate about and your work will feel effortless.
Download My Free E-Book of Motivational Quotes to Live By
Click the button below to get my e-book with many more inspirational quotes that will empower and encourage you to take action, create success, and enjoy life.
7) “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”- Rob Siltanen
I believe this is one of the best quotes to live by because it reminds me to think without limits and never doubt my wildest thoughts.
8) “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”- Og Mandino
There’s a special place in my heart for these inspirational words. They remind me of my unwavering determination to become a motivational speaker.
9) “Entrepreneurs are great at dealing with uncertainty and also very good at minimizing risk. That’s the classic entrepreneur.”- Mohnish Pabrai
This line always puts a smile on my face because it alludes to the excitement of not knowing what to expect but seeing a possible life-changing outcome.
10) “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.”- Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou was one of the top civil rights activists and embraced a spirit of positive thinking and sheer determination.
11) “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.”- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
12) “Imagine your life is perfect in every respect; what would it look like?”- Brian Tracy
13) “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.”- Dr. Henry Link
14) “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”- Henry Ford
15) “Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”- Helen Keller
16) “The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.”- Hasidic Proverb
17) “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
18) “Creativity is intelligence having fun.”- Albert Einstein
19) “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110% all the time.”- Don Zimmer
20) “Do what you can with all you have, wherever you are.”- Theodore Roosevelt
21) “Develop an ‘Attitude of Gratitude’. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.”- Brian Tracy
22) “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”- C.S. Lewis
23) “To see what is right and not do it is a lack of courage.”- Confucious
24) “Reading is to the mind, as exercise is to the body.”- Brian Tracy
25) “Fake it until you make it! Act as if you had all the confidence you require until it becomes your reality.”- Brian Tracy
26) “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!”- Brian Tracy
Thanks for reading my favorite motivational quotes of this year. I wish you a wonderful year and hope you can look to these inspirational words whenever you need a boost so you may confidently crush any challenges or goals that you set for yourself.
If you would like more quotes like these, click the button above to download my free Book of Motivational Quotes to Live By. In it I will empower and encourage you to take action, create success, and enjoy life by using some of my favorite words of wisdom. Read one every day or during times of negative thinking to completely change the way you see the world around you.
Motivational Quotes for Leaders (Bonus Section)
My best quotes about business success have been inspired by the world’s best leaders.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, business owner, or manager, here are 20 leadership quotes to help motivate yourself to peak performance.
Remember that true leadership is about striving to become better in all areas of life and empowering everyone around you to become the best versions of themselves.
Always focus on improving your leadership qualities as well as others around you.
20 Success Quotes for Inspirational Leaders
Here are 20 of my favorite inspirational quotes for business leaders. If you find them to be particularly motivating, please share this post with your friends.
1) “Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word.”
2) “Leadership is the ability to get extraordinary achievement from ordinary people”
3) “Leaders set high standards. Refuse to tolerate mediocrity or poor performance”
4) “Clarity is the key to effective leadership. What are your goals?”
5) “The best leaders have a high Consideration Factor. They really care about their people”
6) “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.”
7) “The key responsibility of leadership is to think about the future. No one else can do it for you.”
8) “The effective leader recognizes that they are more dependent on their people than they are on them. Walk softly.”
9) “Leaders never use the word failure. They look upon setbacks as learning experiences.”
10) “Practice Golden Rule Management in everything you do. Manage others the way you would like to be managed.”
11) “Superior leaders are willing to admit a mistake and cut their losses. Be willing to admit that you’ve changed your mind. Don’t persist when the original decision turns out to be a poor one.”
12) “Leaders are anticipatory thinkers. They consider all consequences of their behaviors before they act.”
13) “The true test of leadership is how well you function in a crisis.”
14) “Leaders concentrate single-mindedly on one thing– the most important thing, and they stay at it until it’s complete.”
15) “The three ‘C’s’ of leadership are Consideration, Caring, and Courtesy. Be polite to everyone.”
16) “Respect is the key determinant of high-performance leadership. How much people respect you determines how well they perform.”
17) “Leadership is more who you are than what you do.”
18) “Entrepreneurial leadership requires the ability to move quickly when opportunity presents itself.”
19) “Leaders are innovative, entrepreneurial, and future oriented. They focus on getting the job done.”
20) “Leaders are never satisfied; they continually strive to be better.”
Share Your Favorite Motivational Quotes in the Comments Below
Please leave a comment with your best inspirational quotes or uplifting words of wisdom – – – I’d love to hear your top picks!
About Brian Tracy — Brian is recognized as the top sales training and personal success authority in the world today. He has authored more than 60 books and has produced more than 500 audio and video learning programs on sales, management, business success and personal development, including worldwide bestseller The Psychology of Achievement. Brian's goal is to help you achieve your personal and business goals faster and easier than you ever imagined. You can follow him on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Linkedin and Youtube.